Friday, May 15, 2009

East vs West

Just a very brief post - came across a website today with a series of simple diagrams contrasting the (supposed) ways in which Westerners and Asians will approach particular situations:

http://buburuza.net/2008/12/culture-east-vs-west/

As it mentions, the person who created these images is a person who was born in China and has studied in Germany. Whilst I feel a lot of the red images are certainly representative of life in China, I don't agree that it "applies to all Asians" as the website states. Similarly, I don't believe that all the blue images are true of all Western people.

However, it's still an amusing concept and makes you think about these things a little.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. In some cases, I would have guessed that the red was supposed to indicate the West, instead of Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just goes to show that "East" and "West" are far too broad as descriptors for these sorts of things, I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete